Protective Measures at Omaha Gentle Dentistry
Omaha Gentle Dentistry is taking protective measures for the safety of our staff and patients during the outbreak of COVID-19. Our dentists and staff are committed to following CDC guidelines for multiple minute-by-minute cleaning and disinfecting of all office areas, from the moment of walking in the door, to the operatories and lab. We are taking multiple precautions to protect the health of all who enter our practice.
Please advise us if:
- You are experiencing fever, coughing, shortness of breath, runny nose, or any cold or flu-like symptoms
- You have had close contact with an individual, such as a family member or co-worker diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19 within the last two weeks
- You have made recent travels to any locations designated by the CDC to have a Level 3, or have travelled outside of the U.S.
Omaha Gentle Dentistry has put these protective measures in place as part of our effort to control spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Masks are mandatory inside the waiting room and all clinic/office areas
- Molecular iodine is used in our water lines to perform dentistry, which kills the virus in minutes
- Patients use a molecular iodine rinse prior to any treatment
- Temperature checks are taken on arrival for all staff and patients
- All patients will use a molecular iodine-based hand sanitizer upon entry
- Barriers at the front desk and reception area
- The use of air purifiers in each area and operatories that kill the virus
- Limiting the number of people in our waiting room
- The game room is temporarily closed to patients
- All areas of frequent contact are wiped down throughout the day, including: bathrooms, door handles, light switches, furniture arm rests, countertops and more
What to expect at your visit:
- A mask is required in the lobby and patient waiting room area. Please leave your mask on until staff advise you to take it off for your procedure.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- Patients will be asked to use a molecular iodine-based hand sanitizer.
- Temporarily, we are limiting the number of people in the waiting room unless you are a noted support person such as a parent or caretaker.
- Please advise us of any change to your mailing address, telephone number, dental insurance carrier or status.
- If you prefer to wait in your car until your appointment time, let us know and we'll call you when the chair is ready.